Pharma R&D Today
Ideas and Insight supporting all stages of Drug Discovery & Development
Elsevier is recognized as ‘Best of Show Award Finalist’ and ‘Innovative Practices Finalist” at Bio-IT World Conference & Expo 2019
Posted on April 29th, 2019 by Veaceslav Mamaliga in Pharma R&D
Elsevier is recognized as ‘Best of Show Award Finalist’ and ‘People’s Choice Award Finalist” at Bio-IT World Conference & Expo 2019
For more than a decade, the pharmaceutical and life science community has had an annual opportunity to join the Bio-IT World Conference & Expo, an event where pharmaceutical and life science industry leaders and experts come together to represent their companies, share ideas, domain knowledge, best practices and achievements in R&D and technology areas.
The Bio-IT World Conference & Expo 2019 welcomed 3,400+ life sciences, pharmaceutical, clinical, healthcare and IT professionals from 40+ countries.
To encourage and appreciate the development of novel technology solutions that can enable better research and discovery in the pharmaceutical and life science industries, a dedicated industry awards program is part of the Bio-IT World Conference & Expo 2019 as well. As specified on the event’s website, the respective recognition program includes the:
- ‘Innovative Practices Award’ – since 2003, it is awarded for highlighting outstanding examples of technology innovation in the life sciences. The respective award is designed to recognize partnerships and projects pushing the industry forward, striving to highlight strategies that can be widely shared and implemented across the industry to improve the quality, pace, and reach of our science.
- ‘Best of Show 2019 Award’,also including the ‘People’s Choice Award’ – are awarded to distinguish and highlight products ranging from an innovative application, technology, tool, or solution from the competition’s entrants. Judged by a team of leading industry experts, and Bio-IT World editors, this program identifies exceptional innovation in technologies used by life science professionals today. Products considered are new products, or significant product upgrades, introduced between April 2018 and April 2019. Winners are judged based on the products’ technical merit, functionality, innovation, and in-person presentations to the judges at the show.
- ‘Benjamin Franklin Award’ – is a humanitarian/bioethics award presented annually by the Bioinformatics Organization to an individual who has, in his or her practice, promoted free and open access to the materials and methods used in the life sciences.
Besides traditionally being a platinum sponsor of the event, Elsevier has marked its presence at the Bio-IT World 2019 as a provider of platform-as-a-service (PaaS) by introducing Entellect – a new platform for research data management in pharmaceutical and life science industries.
In the era of digital disruption and big data and advanced analytics, the R&D and information technology are very much interconnected and terms like AI, machine learning, data science, blockchain, IoT and cloud are becoming increasingly familiar to the companies in the industry. Many pharmaceutical and life science companies today want to get competitive advantage by becoming more efficient and agile, aiming towards a more efficient, data-driven R&D. In this context, understanding all the needs and challenges of the players in the industry, Elsevier created Entellect.
Entellect is a cloud-based platform designed to overcome R&D data challenges in the rapidly evolving world of applied analytics. It helps companies to achieve optimal results by delivering high-quality, enriched content from multiple internal and third-party sources, including Elsevier’s wealth of science research data and information. Entellect also provides search and analytics capabilities along with the workspace to develop custom applications. It is specifically designed to answer questions in pharmaceutical R&D.
While introducing Entellect to the wider audience at the Bio-IT World & Expo 2019, it is also worth mentioning that Entellect was nominated and became a finalist for the ‘Best of Show Award 2019’, as well as the ‘Best of Show – People’s Choice Award’.
In addition to the recognition that Entellect received, Elsevier nominated Bayer Pharmaceuticals for the Innovative Practices award based on Bayer’s Dr. Thomas Steger Hartmann’s contribution to the following study: “A big data approach to the concordance of the toxicity of pharmaceuticals in animals and human” and Bayer was named among the finalists.
We are extremely proud to contribute and to be recognized among the industry for both innovative new offerings and partnerships.
For more information about Entellect, visit elsevier.com/entellect .
Veaceslav Mamaliga joined Elsevier as Solutions Marketing Manager taking the lead on marketing and business development activities for Entellect, a new smart platform that empowers research and discovery, delivering AI-ready data to help pharmaceutical and life sciences companies improve the way they extract knowledge from big data. Veaceslav brings over fifteen years of professional experience in marketing, business development, project management and analytics. Prior to Elsevier Veaceslav has worked at IBM, Pierre Audoin Consultants and GE Healthcare.
R&D Solutions for Pharma & Life SciencesWe're happy to discuss your needs and show you how Elsevier's Solution can help.
Solutions Marketing Manager
- AI in Drug Discovery Has Great Potential – But Also Significant Barriers
- The Cancer-Killing Nanorobots are Coming
- On World Malaria Day, Assessing Progress in the Fight Against a Persistent Disease
- Robots, Reactions & Automated Labs
- Integrating Chemistry Data Sources Provides Big Benefits